Tuesday, May 20, 2008

found a new way to get those creative juices flowing...

I spontaneously decided to create some new work for a jewelry design competition and boy did it get me to stretch myself creatively. The funny thing was that the overall theme of each category was it had to be SIMPLE (no beadweaving or fancy wirework) actually made coming up with designs harder for me rather than easier! Also a challenge was using only beads that could be purchased by the average beadworker (as in no bead show stuff that I haven't tracked as to who I bought from and no one of a kind pieces). I also worked with materials I wouldn't usually have dominate a design, like swarovski crystals, resin beads, and glass...I entered my work in four categories and now it's up to the judges to see if I make the finals. Here they are in the following order: Category: Pearls, Category: Crystals, Category: Glass, Category: Resin/Plastic.






No comments: